[FWM News] Rick Conrado

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Dec 29 19:24:58 PST 2010

It is with great sadness that I inform our racers of the passing of
Enrique "Rick" Conrado.

As some already knew, Rick fell ill with flu like symptoms days before
our first race of the year at Mammoth. He felt too ill to race that
weekend, but tried to train the following week. After skiing one run,
he was convinced by his friends to seek immediate medical attention.
The doctors (in Mammoth) discovered eight emboli in one of his lungs,
and began immediate treatment.

He was eventually hospitalized and diagnosed with pneumonia in one lung
and an abscess in the other lung. After undergoing two surgical
procedures, he passed away yesterday on Dec. 28, 2010 at the age of 46.

Rick had dedicated his professional and personal life to helping and
protecting others. He was a member of the Los Angeles Police
Department, and was in an elite assignment with the Major Crimes Task
Force.

Rick loved skiing, his friends and family. Rick is survived by his
parents, his wife Veronica, and his step children Lizzie and
Christopher.

Mark Mirviss
President, Far West Masters