[FWM News] Fall news, 2011 race schedule

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Sep 7 23:07:59 PDT 2010

Labor Day has come and gone, fall has arrived - must be time to start
planning for the upcoming ski season!

2011 Race Schedule
------------------

The preliminary 2011 season schedule is now available on the web site.
Mark Mirviss and incoming scheduling VP Mike Braun have been working
hard since last spring to juggle the myriad, oft-conflicting factors
that go into assembling a race schedule and they've come up plenty of
racing opportunities for the coming season.  We have a full calendar
with all four disciplines - GS, SL, SG, and DH - and our season
includes being host division for the Western Region championships at
Mammoth on Mar. 3-6.

We'll be filling in additional details through the fall, but the
preliminary schedule is fairly firm, so check it out!

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2011/FWM_Schedule_2011.pdf

Membership Applications
-----------------------

The 2011 membership information package and application is also
available on the web site and will be mailed to all recent members in
September with the Fall issue of the Forerunner newsletter.  USSA
masters licenses can be renewed online at ussa.org; all competitors
should have received renewal notices from USSA in July.

All members will be getting new bibs this season; details will be
provided by membership VP Marcie Pettigrew in your membership package.

If you have any questions or are new and want to learn more, the web
site has information and links to applications.  Or get in touch with
Marcie by email at membership at farwestmasters.org - she's quick to
respond and always ready to help.

http://farwestmasters.org/info/membership

Summer Board Meeting
--------------------

Minutes from the summer board meeting held July 10 at president Mark
Mirviss's home in Squaw Valley are posted on the Board records page on
the web site.

Principal topics were to review the draft 2011 race schedule and
discussion of membership and participation statistics and feedback. The
board also agreed to fund participation by our division in an online
registration system for the 2011 season that we believe will provide a
cost-effective solution that addresses the unique concerns of masters.

Several aspects of the Open class were also discussed in response to
feedback from the past season (start order position, season scoring,
speed events procedure). The consensus of the board was to continue
with our current system, recognizing that qualifying for Open class is
its own reward and that the primary emphasis of masters continues to
focus on age class racing

http://farwestmasters.org/docs/board/FWMBoard-Minutes-20100710-SummerMeeting.pdf