[FWM News] Preliminary 2012 Race Schedule

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Jul 29 07:13:18 PDT 2011

The preliminary 2011-2012 race schedule is now available. Mike Braun
has stepped in for his first season as our Far West race scheduler and
has been working hard to put together an attractive schedule since
spring.

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/FWM_Schedule_2012_Summary.pdf

This season's schedule features over 20 races on our division race
series calendar, along with a very special event at the end of March
with Mammoth Mountain hosting the FIS International Masters world
criterium (the season finals). As always, we've tried to put together a
race schedule which provides a variety of disciplines at the best
possible venues. We're continuing to schedule 3-races-in-2-days events
where feasible, to provide maximum racing opportunity for your weekend
investment of time, money, and travelling.

The season will open with our traditional stop at Mammoth in early
December, where early-season snowmaking and great support from the
organizing area has always provided us with a solid opening event.
Recognizing the December and the holidays are a busy period for many
with year-end ad family commitments, the schedule resumes in January
with a 3-day weekend on the South Shore of Tahoe, starting with the
classic Viva Italia SL races at Heavenly on Friday and moving over to
Sierra at Tahoe for the weekend. Our next event is a 3-day SG event at
Mammoth, which has become a favorite for many and will be the opening
event of the 2012 National Speed Series.

The Western Region Champships are being hosted this season in
Intermountain Division on Feb. 2-5 at Big Sky, MT, which has fantastic
race hills. February continues with a GS weekend at Northstar and the
McKinney Cup at Mt. Rose. In an action-packed March, Squaw Valley hosts
the Bernard Cup and the USSA Masters National Championships will be at
Park City UT on Mar. 19-23, before finishing with the International
Masters Criterium at Mammoth Mountain CA on Mar. 27-31.

The Far West season wraps up in April with the season finals moving
back to the North Shore of Tahoe. The finals carnival opens with DH/SG
races at Northstar and continues with a return to Sugar Bowl for the
final GS/SL races of the 2012 season and our traditional year-end
season banquet.