[FWM News] Teddy Cantanho

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Jun 30 10:40:43 PDT 2011

It is with great sadness that I share the news that Teddy Cantanho
passed away last weekend.

Born in 1922, Teddy turned 89 this year and was active, alert, and
still skiing to the end.  It was sudden and unexpected when her heart
gave out, only a month after the passing of longtime partner Max.

Teddy was a passionate skier and traveler with many interests and
friends.  She had no pretentions about being the fastest ski racer, but
she loved the sport and surely was the happiest racer on the hill.
Teddy had incredible grit as well, coming back more than once from
serious injuries that would have ended the skiing career of someone
less determined.

It was truly a privilege and a pleasure to have known Teddy and shared
skiing experiences with her.  We will miss her.

~ Deb