[FWM News] Training Camps & Programs

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Oct 11 21:55:51 PDT 2011

With a surprise winter storm rolling in bringing 1-2 feet of snow in
higher elevations of the Sierras the first week of October, it's
definitely time to be planning your on-hill training program for the
coming season! The Training information page has been updated with the
information we currently have available on preseason camps and masters
training programs offered in the 2011-2012 season.

Training information page on farwestmasters.org:
   http://farwestmasters.org/info/training

Mammoth will once again be offering a 5-day masters training camp the
week following Thanksgiving, leading into the opening race weekend on
Dec. 2-4. This will be a 5-day program, kicking off with a Sunday
afternoon session and 4 days Mon-Thu with 4 hours training daily. Sign
up for the full week or participate on a daily basis as your schedule
permits; this is a great way to ramp up for the 2012 Far West Masters
race season.

Details and registration (includes lodging discount info):

http://farwestmasters.org//announcements/2012/Mammoth_Masters_Race_Camp_Dec_2011.pdf

Two of our strongest programs, the Mammoth Masters Team and the Squaw
Valley Masters program, are back this season offering full-season
training programs. Other long-established and popular masters training
programs are offered at Northstar, Mt. Rose, Alpine Meadows, and Sugar
Bowl. Racers in southern California should check out the Big Bear
Masters, who train at Snow Summit.

Many of the season training programs have early signup deadlines
approaching soon, so if you're interested contact the organizers and
get your signup in before prices go up! The Squaw Masters program
early-pricing ends this coming weekend Sat. Oct. 15, while the Mammoth
Masters early-registration pricing ends Oct. 31.

Mammoth Masters Team information:

http://www.mammothmountain.com/MountainActivities/WinterActivities/RaceDepartment/MammothMasters

Squaw Masters Program information:
   http://www.squaw.com/squaw-valley-masters-programs

Don't hesitate to ask your fellow masters races about any of these
training programs - we're all happy to share information and tips about
our home areas and training programs and to help new racers find their
way to a program that fits their needs. Check out our Far West Masters
page on Facebook to post questions and share opinions.

Far West Masters group on Facebook:
   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73183425504