[FWM News] Re-Scheduling of Races

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Dec 1 11:31:31 PST 2012

It is always unfortunate, disappointing and an inconvenience to our racers
when we must cancel a race.  With that said, Far West Masters is in the
business of putting on safe, high quality ski races for the enjoyment of our
racers. Our team of volunteers works very hard towards this goal. Ski areas
have very full race calendars throughout the ski season. It is not usually
the case that we have the ability to re-schedule a race. Therefore, when a
ski area is willing to re-schedule a race, we will jump at the opportunity
if it fits within our schedule. This is why our Mammoth race, which we
unfortunately had to cancel this weekend due to 2-4 feet of new snow, and
high winds, was moved to next weekend (December 8th and 9th).

We know when we re-schedule a race, it means some will not be able to attend
the re-scheduled race. However our season scoring allows a racer to "throw
out" 25% of their results (or non-results due to missed races), this allows
racers to compete for end of season awards without attending all races.

We are an all volunteer organization, every one of our board members works
hard to provide you with the best races we can possibly arrange.  If you
feel that your voice is not being heard, becoming part of our Board or
volunteering in other ways is by far the best way to have a louder voice in
our organization.

I want to thank each and every one of you who comes out to compete in our
races, I am well aware of the commitment in time and money it does take to
compete, and I for one do appreciate the fact that it takes all of us to
make this a program as successful and enjoyable as it is.

Thanks,

Mark Mirviss

President

Far West Masters Skiing