[FWM News] Mammoth Season Opener

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Dec 9 22:44:40 PST 2012

The rescheduled Mammoth season opening races, postponed a week due to stormy conditions throughout
the Sierras, were held under nearly ideal conditions - clear, crisp, and sunny, with an outstanding
racing surface on the Andy's Double Gold (ADG) race hill. While some who had originally planned to
compete were regrettably unable to make the rescheduled date, the 50+ racers who made the scene
this weekend were treated to a first-class event by the Mammoth Race Department crews.

2012 #1 bib holders Ara Papazian and Deb Lewis opened their season by sweeping the weekend series.
Ingrid Braun posted strong races to lock up second in the women, with strong performances from Jeff
Anderson and Erich van Stralen challenging Papazian in MOP. Good skiing was demonstrated throughout
the field as everyone got back into their racing rhythyms for the new season. We were glad to
welcome some new faces as well as some familiar faces returning from racing hiatus to rejoin the
scene.

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the initial Season Standings
rankings for 2013.

   http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2013/results
   http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2013/standings

Next race: 2 SL races at Squaw next weekend Dec. 15-16.  The Squaw race organizers are assessing
the conditions and we hope to have updated information on the races published on Monday.