[FWM News] Alpine SL Races

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Dec 17 08:24:22 PST 2012

This weekend's races at Alpine Meadows went off without a hitch after a bit of scrambling by both
racers and competitors in the week before the event to move the races from the originally scheduled
site at Squaw Valley over to the better snow conditions available a few miles away at Alpine. The
weather was cold on Saturday, followed by cold and windy on Sunday, but all four courses were in
excellent condition for all age classes, providing fun yet challenging competition for all.

We haven't visited Alpine Meadows for quite a few years, but judging by the smiles on most of our
racers faces, I think it's safe to say we will be back again next year!

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the updated Season Standings
rankings for 2013.

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2013/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2013/standings

Racing now takes a break for the holidays - with more storms in the forecast through the end of the
month it should be a great holiday season for skiing this year!  Our next races will be a 3-day
south shore weekend, with the annual Viva Italia SL doubleheader races at Heavenly on Friday Jan.
11 followed by Sat/Sun GS races at Sierra at Tahoe.

Best wishes to everyone for safe and happy holidays, we'll see y'all when we gather on the race
hills again in the new year!