[FWM News] Northstar Race Update

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Feb 9 17:55:06 PST 2012

Registration will be at the Northstar ticket office which is across from the
South end of the ice rink. Registration will be open from 7:30 - 8:30 AM.
There is not a lot of room in the ticket office, so please register, buy
tickets and then go to Starbuck or the Gondola, or anywhere but the ticket
office as they are tight on space.

To access the race course, take the Gondola to the Arrow Quad Chair lift,
then get off Arrow and go straight ahead to the Comstock Quad Chair lift.
Exit the Top of Comstock Chair to your right, and ski down the ridge
approximately 400 yards. On your right you will see our start on Axe Handle.

Inspection is from 9:00 - 9:45 AM, and the race is scheduled to begin at
10:00 AM. All other inspection and start times will be dependant on how soon
we finish the previous run/race and will be communicated to you on the hill.

There will not be a formal awards party, but medals and results sheets will
be passed out at the brand new Zephyr Lodge if we finish prior to 3:00 PM.
If we finish after 3:00 PM, awards will be in the Big Springs Lodge at the
top of the Gondola.

The Zephyr Lodge is located on the same ridge you will ski down to get to
our course, but you will have to stay far left, and ski down much further
(to the top of the Zephyr Lift).

One additional note: Northstar is really cracking down on skiers that are
skiing too fast in their slow zones whether or not you are in control. So
please limit your fast skiing to the proper areas, or better yet, the race
course(s).

See you Saturday,

Mark Mirviss

President