[FWM News] Mammoth GS Schedule

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Jan 3 07:52:20 PST 2012

As announced just before the holidays, our Jan. 7-8 races have been
moved from Sierra at Tahoe to Mammoth Mountain. The Fri. Jan. 6 SL
races at Heavenly are being rescheduled for later this season. With the
extremely dry, warm conditions throughout the Sierras this season,
Mammoth is one of the few areas with the ability to host racing at this
time and we greatly appreciate their willingness to host our races.

Please get your race entries in!  Online registration at SkiRaceReg.com
open until end-of-day Thursday.

***Please note start times and inspection periods. Mammoth stepped up
and was willing to add our races to an already-busy weekend, so our “
usual” race-day schedule is being adjusted to accommodate the slots
when we can have hill space and race crews for our events. We will be
racing on Andy’s Double Gold (ADG) both days, which has the best
coverage. Inspection time will be shortened to a half-hour, but with
easy access from Broadway Express (chair 1) there will be plenty of
time for all competitors to have an adequate inspection – just be sure
to plan your race day to be there promptly and make good use of the
available inspection period.

Details and daily schedule are provided in the race announcement
flyers. On Saturday, we will have inspection at 12:30-1 with a 1:15
start; racer checkin will be at the Race Department in the Slopeside
building (just west of the Main Lodge and Broadway Express loading
area). Sunday's race will be at 9:30, with inspection from 8:45-9:15;
checkin will be in Roma's Room (3rd floor Main Lodge, east end).

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/RaceInfo-Mammoth-Jan2012-rescheduled.pdf
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/RaceAnnouncement-Mammoth-Jan2012-McAsey-GS.pdf