[FWM News] Fall newsletter, RMS Race Night

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Oct 17 11:06:29 PDT 2012

The Fall issue of the Forerunner newsletter is out and editor Ingrid Braun has pulled together all
the information you need to prepare for the coming race season.

Area ski shops are also gearing up for the season - so should you!  FWM sponsor Reno Mountain
Sports is holding their race night this coming Friday, as are other race-oriented shops around the
Far West if you're not in the Reno area.

We'll have more information out in the next few weeks on training programs and preseason camps.

Fall Forerunner Newsletter
--------------------------

The Fall issue of the Forerunner newsletter is in the mail! All members who have joined within the
past few seasons will receive a copy. Click the link below to view online (previous issues of the
Forerunner are available on the Newsletters page of the web site)

http://www.farwestmasters.org/docs/newsletter/Forerunner_2013-30-Sep-2012.pdf

The fall issue has all the news about the coming season and includes the Far West Masters
membership package, with information on the 2013 program and membership application for new and
renewing members. Please get your Far West Masters membership in to Membership chair Marcie
Pettigrew by Oct. 31 so she has time to process everyone's application and ensure that our
membership records and bib assignments are up-to-date for the coming season.

(p.s. and don't forget your USSA masters competitor license!)

RMS Race Night
--------------

Don't forget the Reno Mountain Sports race night this Friday Oct. 19th from 4-9pm.

As many of you know, RMS owner Dave Garner is a long-time masters racer (one of our best in both
performance and attitude!), and Reno Mountain Sports supports Far West Masters as our bib sponsor.
Dave's a great supporter of masters racing and when you support his shop with your business you get
great gear as well as expert assistance.

RMS Race Night is an annual event at the shop, with industry techs, coaches, and the RMS staff on
hand for advice, fitting, or just a friendly chat. Great pricing as well!

http://www.renomountainsports.com

Other Fall Events

If you can't make it to Reno this Friday for the RMS race night, check with your favorite local
shop in Reno/Tahoe/Mammoth for their race-related events and assistance.

Those in Mammoth this weekend can stop by Command Performance Fastski Sports on Oct. 20-21, where
owner Robin Falkingham has invited all masters to his race weekend.