[FWM News] Happy Holidays!

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Dec 27 19:36:28 PST 2015

Happy holidays - Santa brought plenty of snow this year so hope everyone is enjoying some holiday
time enjoying the slopes as well as spending time with friends and family in the final days of 2015.

Our next Far West race will be the Heavenly "Viva Italia" event on Fri-Sat-Sun Jan. 8-10.  We have
two SL's on Friday on World Cup, as we have scheduled in recent years, and this season we get to
celebrate the new year by staying for the weekend to race GS on Saturday and Sunday.  We'll get
more information out later in the week about the race and plans for the Saturday Viva Italia
post-race party.  Race registration is open on SkiRaceReg:

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw

Squaw SL Races
--------------

Due to the unexpected pre-holiday illness of the Kangaroo lift, access to Alpine's SL hill for the
Dec. 19-20 SL event was determined to be impractical and with the cooperation of the race and event
staff at both areas the weekend races were moved to Exhibition (Julia's Gold) at Squaw. Early
season conditions still prevailed as the SL start was moved down from the usual location on the
road to the lower section of the hill where coverage was sufficient to hold the races.

Snow was falling throughout Saturday's race as another welcome early season cold front moved
through, but with no wind there was no difficulty getting the races off. The snow tapered off on
Sunday, allowing for two good days of SL racing before everyone dispersed for the holiday break.

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page. (Season standings for 2016 will be posted
after the scoring software is updated to switch to our new top-30 points scoring formula).

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2016/results