[FWM News] McKinney Cup

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Mar 9 21:38:19 PDT 2015

Congratulations to Mike Shklovski and Annette Mirviss the mens and ladies winners of the 2015 McKinney Cup.  Second place in the mens went to Ryan Ritchie, followed by Pierre Jeangirard in third.  For the ladies, second was Carol Levine, with Lesley Maracci was third.

We had a great weekend of racing at Mt. Rose, with beautiful weather and two GS's on the terrific, and challenging, race hill at Slide Mountain.  Many thanks to the volunteers and ski school personnel who put on the event for us, and the staff at the day lodge who provided beer, wine and good food for Saturday's awards event, not to mention the coffee and doughnuts at the bottom of the race hill.  As always a special thank you to Rees Palermo for spearheading the event.  In addition, we had a special treat with the appearance of Tamara McKinney who handed out awards.

Many of us are off to Sun Valley for the USSA Masters Nationals next week.  Our finals are scheduled for Mammoth Mountain April 2-4 with super-g's a GS and Slalom events scheduled.  All reports are that skiing at Mammoth remains excellent.  We will conclude the season with our general membership meeting and banquet Saturday night.

See you all at Mammoth if not sooner,

Dan

Daniel L. Simmons
President