[FWM News] Forerunner Changes and Renewal

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Aug 24 13:18:19 PDT 2016

Friends:

As we approach the end of summer your board is thinking about the start of the 2016-2017 season and we have important announcements regarding the Forerunner newsletter and the membership renewal process for the coming season.

The board recently approved changes that will make better use of our funds by addressing the cost to print and mail the Forerunner.

The Board agreed that starting with the fall 2016 membership renewal edition of Forerunner most members will receive a PDF copy by email rather than a paper copy, as was the practice in former years. A PDF copy also will be posted on the Far West Masters web site.

Members who had chosen to receive paper copies of Forerunner by mail throughout the 2015-2016 season will receive a paper copy of the fall edition.

We hope that most members will choose to renew their membership using SkiRaceReg.com, which is easier for you and saves considerable time and expense for us. It will, however, still be possible to renew by mail using the renewal form in your PDF copy of the Forerunner. In order to make sure that no member misses any important information about the online or paper renewal process, we will be mailing a postcard to all members who will not receive a paper copy of the fall Forerunner. The postcard will include a reminder to renew and will include pointers to the online renewal instructions.

Lastly, the board also approved a change to increase the fee to receive paper copies of the Forerunner from $5 to $15 for the coming year.  This was done ensure that the fee covers the actual costs of printing and mailing three copies per year, from September to May.

We expect the fall Forerunner to be distributed using the new process before the end of September.

Mike Braun has put together a fantastic schedule for the coming season, which is posted on the website.  We are excited to host the Nationals at Mammoth Mountain, March 13-18, 2017.

The Board will meet in Mammoth Lakes on September 18.

Dan

Daniel L. Simmons
President
Far West Masters Ski Racing