[FWM News] Alpine Schedule Update - Sunday race cancelled

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Dec 14 10:02:39 PST 2016

*** Sunday 12/18 SL race at Alpine Meadows is cancelled ***

We are still on for one SL race on Saturday morning 12/17.

We regret the schedule change, but as most of you are probably aware the current weather pattern
over the last week has been warm and wet, which creates challenges for the snow conditions at the
altitude of Alpine's base area and the Kangaroo race hill.  NWS in Reno is forecasting a strong
storm moving through on Thursday into Friday, with clearing for the weekend, but the exact timing
of rain and snow is not well understood.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=rev

Alpine Race Department and the Far West Masters schedulers are monitoring the evolving weather
situation closely and we'll get any further updates announced to everyone as soon as possible if
the Saturday race schedule will be impacted.