[FWM News] Upcoming Events

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Dec 27 15:10:28 PST 2016

Greetings and Happy Holidays.  Once the holiday excitement wears off, we have some great upcoming racing opportunities not to be missed.

January 6, 7 and 8, Viva Italia at Heavenly Valley.  Two giant slaloms on Friday, two slaloms on Saturday and a slalom on Sunday.  The Viva Italia cup will be awarded based on Friday and Saturday races.

January 19, 20, 21 and 22-Speed Week at Mammoth.  Thursday DH training (you must participate in a training run to race DH),  Friday two downhills, Saturday two Super G's, and a Super G on Sunday.  The first races on Friday and Saturday are part of the National Speed Series.

The 2017 Phillips 66 FIS Masters Cup and Western Regionals will be held at Park City February 3rd through 5th, with registration on SkiRaceReg ending January 31st. For information go to http://ussamasters.org/2017/fmc, or go to the link on the schedule page at FarWestMasters.org.   I've been lucky enough to go to the Western Regionals and combined FIS events the last three years.  Great fun and highly recommended events with SG, GS and SL planned.

If you can' get to Park City (and I hope Far West is well-represented at the Regionals), check out the Squaw Valley hosted NASTAR regionals February 3rd through. The link for NASTAR Regionals information and registration is: http://www.nastar.com/articles/squaw-valley-to-host-western-regional-championships.  If you go to the NASTAR event, be sure to tell competitors about Masters Racing.

Lots of good skiing ahead.  Go fast and keep smiling.

Dan

Daniel L. Simmons
President
Far West Masters Ski Racing