[FWM News] Sugar Bowl Race Info

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Jan 17 10:27:05 PST 2016

After a successful south shore event at Heavenly to open our January racing, our next event moves
to Sugar Bowl at Donner Summit on the north shore for two days of SL racing on Sat-Sun Jan. 23-24.
The new year has brought a steady series of snow-producing storms to the Sierras, so conditions
should be excellent after our years of drought!

Our SL races will be held on the DVR Left run (Dave Van Ruiten) in the Sugar Bowl race arena,
accessed from the Christmas Tree lift. Race day checkin will be 7:30-8:30 am daily on the main
floor of the Judah Lodge; racer lift tickets will be available downstairs at the Special Window in
the Judah Lodge. Racers can base themselves from Mid Mountain Lodge during the day. Awards will be
held at Judah Lodge, approx. 30 minutes following the races each day.

Early registration deadline is Sunday evening 1/17, so please submit your entries on
skiracereg.com/fw. Entry deadline is 9pm Thursday 1/21; you have until the entry deadline to cancel
without charges, so if your plans are tentative submit your entry now and you can still cancel if
necessary.

After registration is closed Thursday evening, any late additions or withdrawals must be handled by
contacting Sugar Bowl RA Kathy Williams at (775) 450-6028 or by email to raceadmin at charter.net. No
day-of-race signups will be accepted - you must be registered no later than the day before the
race. No entry fee refunds will be granted after close of registration unless the organizer is
contacted with injury/emergency withdrawal request and agrees to waive charges.

Race registration:
http://skiracereg.com/fw

Attached: Race Information - Sugar Bowl SL-SL Jan. 23-24
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2016/RaceInfo-SugarBowl-Jan2016.pdf