[FWM News] Northstar and Mt Rose races CANCELLED

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Mar 4 11:59:14 PST 2016

With great regret, the jury decided this morning to cancel our Northstar SG races today.  The
combination of soft snow from warm overnight conditions and the earlier-than-expected arrival of
showers and fog that caused visibility problems led to the decision to cancel for safety
considerations.  We are  very appreciative of the hard work by the Northstar race crew, the hill
looked great and would have been a lot of fun to race.  We hope to return next season!!

This weekend's GS races at Mt Rose have been CANCELLED - there will be no racing this weekend.  Mt.
Rose management is expecting extremely strong winds on Saturday ahead of a major snow-producing
storm arriving Saturday night into Sunday and made the decision this morning to cancel the races.
Far West Masters supports that decision and we wish safe travels home to all who came this weekend
hoping to race.