[FWM News] Mt. Rose Updates, Heavenly Makeup

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Feb 25 22:33:07 PST 2017

Next weekend will be packed with racing options, just as the February storm cycle appears to be
winding down and we move into a warmer, dryer pattern as March arrives. On Friday, we have two
makeup races at Heavenly, with two SL races for the Viva Italia Cup on World Cup.

Saturday and Sunday we move from south shore up the east side of Lake Tahoe for two days of GS
racing at Mt. Rose with the McKinney Cup event. Regrettably, we will not be able to race on the
Silver Dollar GS track as originally planned. The timing boxes are buried under 20 feet of snow and
there is simply no way to excavate the equipment by this weekend. (Mt. Rose has had over 50 feet of
snow this season - massive!!)

**Schedule and venue changes: We will be racing on the Sunrise Bowl track, which merges into the
lower section of the Silver Dollar track on the Slide side of Mt. Rose. Because this is a
relatively short GS, we are adding a second GS race on Saturday, so we will still have a full day
of racing!

***SkiRaceReg signups: because we expect most competitors already signed up for the Saturday GS
will want to race in the second GS being added, we have set up the additional race signup on
SkiRaceReg.com with everyone from the first Saturday GS entered. If you do NOT wish to add the
second race, just log into your account and drop the added race. No one will be charged for the
added race if they did not wish to be added, just let us know. Contact us at
raceadmin at farwestmasters.org with any questions about your race entries.

The early registration deadline is Sunday 2/26, so pass the word to make sure everyone knows about
the schedule updates. Online registration for both Heavenly and Rose closes (early) at 8pm on
Wednesday 3/1.

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw