[FWM News] Sqauw Bernard Cup

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Jan 9 22:06:08 PST 2018

Happy New Year! After a warm, sunny holiday period we are *very* happy to have a decent winter
storm coming into the Sierras this week, bringing much-welcomed snow to the higher elevations
around Tahoe and Mammoth.

Our next scheduled Far West Masters event is the Bernard Cup races at Squaw Valley on Fri-Sat-Sun
Jan. 19-21. The schedule is for a GS race on Friday and SL races on Saturday and Sunday. The
Bernard Cup trophy will be awarded on Sunday afternoon to the the top-ranked man and woman in the
overall weekend rankings for all three races, based on Bob Bernard's age-handicap scoring formula.

Race registration is open on SkiRaceReg.com - the early registration deadline is Sunday 1/14;
online registration closes at 8pm on Wed. 1/17. Far West Masters officers are in constant contact
with the Squaw Valley Race Department to monitor the conditions as we get closer to the scheduled
event date; any updates on schedule or venue will be communicated as available.

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2018/FWM-RaceInfo-Squaw-Jan-2018-BernardCup.pdf