[FWM News] Squaw Schedule Change

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Jan 12 18:04:55 PST 2018

Read in your web browser: http://farwestmasters.org/#squaw-schedule-change

Despite some welcome snowfall this week, the continuing warm weather has not been kind to our
planned race venue next weekend on Exhibition at the base of Squaw Valley. The Squaw Race
Department and Far West Masters officers have discussed options and agreed that the best plan for
next weekend is to move the race up the mountain to Motts and run SL races on the weekend. So there
will be **NO GS** next weekend and **NO racing on Friday**. Instead, we add a second SL race on
Saturday. So there will now be 2 SL races Saturday and one on Sunday as originally scheduled.

We are certainly disappointed to lose the GS, the Exhibition race hill is long and challenging. On
the other hand, Mott's is a very fun SL hill - we had to make a similar schedule change a few
seasons back when the lower mountain did not have enough snow for racing and everyone had a really
good time with the changed SL venue.

SkiRaceReg entries: we will keep the GS race entries on SkiRaceReg originally planned for Friday
and reschedule that signup as the second SL race on Saturday. Most everyone entered on Friday was
also signed up for Saturday, so we think this will accomodate most peoples' plans. If you were
signed up for the GS but do NOT want to participate in the second SL on Saturday, please log into
your SkiRaceReg account and drop your entry. For those signed up for Saturday who had not planned
to race on Friday, please log into your SkiRaceReg account and add the second SL if you wish to do
both races.

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2018/FWM-RaceInfo-Squaw-Jan-2018-BernardCup.pdf