[FWM News] Mammoth Schedule Change

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Dec 12 15:30:26 PST 2019

***SCHEDULE CHANGE*** After watching the weather forecasts all week and daily coordination with Mammoth Race Department, we have decided to swap the race schedule this weekend and run SL on Saturday and move the GS to Sunday. We believe this will give us the best shot at being able to hold both races with the best possible conditions.

The weather forecasts have been uncertain about weekend conditions, but have continued to trend towards clearing and colder on Sunday, which would be the best for running GS (hopefully on a long course if conditions permit!).

We understand the schedule change may cause problems for some of you who were only planning to race GS on Saturday and we very much regret if anyone will be unable to race on the changed schedule. If you were entered only in the GS and cannot race on Sunday, please drop your entry on SkiRaceReg.com before close of registration tonight at 8pm, or contact us at raceadmin at farwestmasters.org. We will not charge DNS fees for anyone entered in GS who cannot race on Sunday.

Registration is open until 8pm tonight on SkiRaceReg.com/fw <https://www.skiracereg.com/fw>. Weekend entry list and info will be sent out to all competitors tonight.