[FWM News] Happy New Year! 2019 major event reminders

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Jan 1 19:50:16 PST 2019

Happy New Year!  Hopefully everyone is enjoying holiday time with family and friends. We had a very
good opening event at Mammmoth just before the Christmas break - the weather was varied but race
conditions were excellent and Mammoth Race Department put on an outstanding opening event for us,
with two GS races and two SL races on the Andy's Double Gold race hill.

https://farwestmasters.org/#mammoth-race-results

The holiday break is a good time to plan ahead for the racing schedule in the coming months.  This
season we have two major masters events located in the Western region.

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/masters/masters-events-schedules

On Feb. 8-10 the international FIS Masters Cup series makes its North American stop at Aspen with
SL, GS, and two SG races. This event is also the Western Region Championships. And to make the
travel worthwhile, Rocky Masters are hosting two DH races immediately following the FIS masters
races on Mon-Tue Feb. 11-12.

https://usalpinemasters.org/news/2019/Aspen_2019_FIS_Masters_and_DH.pdf

Registration is open on SkiRaceReg.com in the FIS Masters Cup race series:

https://www.skiracereg.com/fis

The "big one" for all of us in Far West is the Masters National Championships, returning to Far
West's own Mammoth Mountain on March 17-23. This is a 4-event nationals, with the national
championship DH on Mon-Tue-Wed followed by SG-GS-SL national championships on Thu-Fri-Sat.

https://usalpinemasters.org/news/2019/Mammoth_2019_Nationals_schedule.pdf
https://usalpinemasters.org/news/2019/Mammoth_2019_Nationals_info.pdf

Registration is open on SkiRaceReg.com in the National Championships race series:

https://www.skiracereg.com/nationals

The Aspen SG's and DH and the Nationals DH and SG are all included in the 2019 Masters National
Speed Series. Far West competitors can collect speed series results and get a preview of the
nationals speed venues at our Mammoth speed weekend coming up on Jan. 24-27 with two DH races and 3
SG, with the first DH and SG races counted in the Speed Series standings.

https://usalpinemasters.org/2019/nss

Sign up for the Mammoth speed races as well as other upcoming Far West Masters races on SkiRaceReg:

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw