[FWM News] Get ready for race season!

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Nov 27 10:15:58 PST 2019

Read in your web browser: https://farwestmasters.org/#get-ready-for-racing <https://farwestmasters.org/#get-ready-for-racing>

Thanksgiving is nearly here, along with the first major storm of the 2019-2020 winter season in the Sierras. It's nearly time for the opening events of the Far West Masters race season!!

Our first races of the season will be on Dec. 14-15 with a GS/SL weekend at Mammoth Mountain. Mammoth is a reliable early season venue with a proven track record of providing excellent race conditions with whatever combination of natural snow and snowmaking that comes together. Even with a late start to our winter storms, the cold weather will enable plenty of time for the snowmaking crews to put down a solid race surface.

Announcements and event information:

https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/FWM-EventInfo-Mammoth-Dec-2019-DaveMcCoy.pdf <https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/FWM-EventInfo-Mammoth-Dec-2019-DaveMcCoy.pdf>
https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/RaceAnnouncement-Mammoth-Dec-2019-DaveMcCoy.pdf <https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/RaceAnnouncement-Mammoth-Dec-2019-DaveMcCoy.pdf>

Registration is open on SkiRaceReg.com/fw <https://www.skiracereg.com/fw> for the opening races as well as all the events on our 2019-2020 season calandar. Remember that you'll need to "activate" your account for the new season the first time you log in to SkiRaceReg this season - the activation steps for existing user accounts ensures that you review your contact information and provide a working credit card that will be used for charging race entries during the season. If you haven't paid your Far West Masters member dues yet, you do that through your SkiRaceReg account. If you have questions or need help with membership, contact Membership Director Mary Feddis at membership at farwestmasters.org. For assistance with SkiRaceReg.com, contact our Far West series administrators at raceadmin at farwestmasters.org.

https://www.skiracereg.com/fw <https://www.skiracereg.com/fw>

 If you'd like to get some training in before the opening races, come early for the Mammoth Masters training camp on Mon-Fri Dec. 9-13. The camp will include drills, progressions, and gate training. Tentative schedule is GS Mon-Tue, SL Wed-Thu, and both GS and SL on Friday. You can attend for the full week or by the day as your schedule permits. See the announcement from Mammoth Race Department for additional information along with registration instructions and lodging package.

https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/Mammoth_Masters_Race_Camp-Dec-2019.pdf <https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/Mammoth_Masters_Race_Camp-Dec-2019.pdf>

Discounted lodging is available for the training camp week and weekend races - details are provided in the event announcements.