[FWM News] Fall Meetings

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Sep 5 10:08:19 PDT 2019

Read in your web browser:
   https://farwestmasters.org/#fall-board-meeting
   https://farwestmasters.org/#fw-officials-clinics

Fall Board Meeting <>
The Far West Masters board will be holding their fall meeting at noon on Sunday Sep. 8 at the Braun residence in Mammoth Lakes. The board discussions will focus on planning and preparations for the 2019-2020 season.

Agenda is posted on the web site: https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/FWM_Board_Meeting_Agenda_090819.pdf

FW Officials Training Clinics <>
The Far West division fall convention will be held Sat-Sun Nov. 3-4 at Squaw Valley CA. The fall meetings include coaches and officials training.

The annual officials update clinic will be held 1-3:30pm on Saturday Nov. 3. All current officials are required to attend an update clinic at least once every two years to maintain their certication and annual attendance is encouraged. The update clinic highlights new and important rules for the upcoming 2019-2020 competition season and is also a good opportunity to mingle with officials and organizers from around the division.

Officials certication clinics follow on Sunday morning Nov. 4.

If you are interested in becoming an official we can always use more help! Far West Masters is responsible for providing volunteer TD and referee officials at all our races, so becoming an official helps enable our race program. It's also a great way to learn more about alpine ski racing and to get to know the race organizers and crews at our competition venues. If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact any of our current officials or Far West masters Officials director Mark Mirviss.

Clinic schedules and registration are available on the Far West division web site fwskiing.org:
https://fwskiing.org/content/fw-fall-convention