[FWM News] Heavenly Viva Italia event info

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Jan 2 06:38:21 PST 2020

Read in your web browser: https://farwestmasters.org/#heavenly-viva-italia-info

Happy New Year! With excellent conditions in the Sierra over the holidays, hopefully everyone has had a chance to get out and play on the snow. We have two events on the January race calendar, the classic Viva Italia races at Heavenly on Jan. 10-12 and the Mammoth DH/SG speed races on Jan. 23-26. And on February 7-9, Northstar will be hosting an international FIS Masters event which is also the US Western Region championship. (More info on that event coming soon!)
Far West Masters racing resumes the second weekend of January with the annual Viva Italia races at Heavenly. The event will be two SL races on Friday, followed by GS races on Saturday and Sunday for a full weekend of South Shore racing.

**NEW RACE VENUE** We will be racing on the Nevada side of Heavenly from the Stagecoach base lodge - the SL will be on Emiily's Run and the GS on Stagecoach, both accessed by the Stagecoach lift. Parking at Stagecouch lodge is extremely limited; it is recommended to park at the nearby Boulder Lodge and take the shuttle to Stagecoach. (runs regularly and is quick, 5-10 min)

The 2020 Viva Italia event will bring back some special memories and numerous stories of legendary event founder John Gianotti, who passed away quietly in March 2019. Our Saturday afternoon party at Boulder Lodge will be a celebration of John's amazing life, so bring any photos and plenty of stories to share.

 Event Information - Heavenly Viva Italia Jan 10-12 <https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/FWM-EventInfo-Heavenly-Jan-2020-VivaItalia.pdf>
We have a special event discount lodging offer from Tahoe Ridge, with direct lift access to Stagecoach. They are offering us a very nice discount on their usual prices and the location is very convenient. Please be sure to read the information about the reservation process; there is an extra step that is needed in order to get the full discount offered to our group.

 Heavenly Lodging discount info - Tahoe Ridge <https://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2020/FWM-Heavenly-Lodging.pdf>
 Tahoe Ridge reservations <https://www.holidayinnclubvacations.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=CV&localeCode=en&hotelCode=TVLRT&rateCode=IL4D4&_PMID=99502056&corporateNumber=100235822&viewfullsite=true>  - Tahoe Ridge main property

The early registration deadline before prices go up is Sunday Jan 5. Online registration on SkiRaceReg.com/fw <https://www.skiracereg.com/fw> closes 8pm Wednesday 1/8; late entries and cancellations after the close of online registration are at the discretion of Heavenly Race Dept.