[FWM News] Mammoth Downhills

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Apr 12 08:11:03 PDT 2010

The Downhills (training and race runs) scheduled for the 13th and 14th have
been cancelled due to snow accumulations. I would not be possible to groom
and set up the courses in time to race on Wednesday. This is due not only to
the snow currently on the course, but due to the fact that Mammoth can not
groom the course without doing avalanche control above the course.

Current conditions on the mountain have not allowed patrollers to even begin
avalanche control at this time. It is unlikely that any avalanche control
will be able to be preformed today.

As of now, the remainder of our schedule for this week (SG, GS, SL and
Duals) does look like a go, and we are not predicting any weather
interference with those events.