[FWM News] Heavenly/Squaw races, Schedule Changes, Regionals and Nationals entries

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Jan 14 22:54:14 PST 2010

Welcome to the first news message of the 2010 Far West Masters season!

Last weekend kicked off our January race schedule with a 3-day race
weekend of 4 slalom races, at Heavenly for the Viva Italia trophy races
on Friday and moving on the Squaw Valley for the weekend races.  Story
and weekend results are all on the web site.

Next races: Sierra at Tahoe GS / GS (Jan. 23-24)

Schedule changes: we are "swapping" the locations of the GS race
weekends at Squaw and Northstar in February and March.  The Northstar
races will now be on Feb. 20-21, while the Squaw Valley Bernard Cup
races originally scheduled for that weekend are shifted to the Mar.
20-21 weekend.  We are also added a 3rd GS race to the Bernard Cup
weekend - see the web site news item for details.

Get your entries in for Western Regionals (Feb. 4-7 at Park City UT)
and the national championships (Mar. 29-Apr. 2 at Sun Valley ID) if you
wish to compete in either of these events.  Regionals entries should be
submitted to the Park City organizers - details and entry form are
available at http://ussamasters.org/2010/wr or from the Regionals Entry
button on our Race Entries page.  Nationals entries should be sent to
FW president Marietta Frinell by Feb. 8 (details and instructions will
be posted this weekend).

Deb Lewis
Director of Race Services and Scoring; Webmaster
Far West Masters
http://farwestmasters.org