[FWM News] Weekly news 1/18

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Jan 18 20:42:26 PST 2010

Today's MLK holiday brought the first is what is forecast to be several
strong storms this week to the Sierras.  With GS races scheduled this
weekend at Sierra at Tahoe, FW scheduling director Mark Mirviss is
talking with race organizers daily to monitor snow and weather
conditions that might affect the outlook for the races this weekend.

If you are planning on competing this weekend, we suggest you stay
aware of the weather situation and check the Far West Masters web site
for updates.  (Tip: there are links on the right side panel of the FWM
home page for several good sources on weather and road conditions)
We'll get the word out as quickly as possible through the web site and
the news mailing list if any adjustments due to snow and weather are
called for.

Reminder that entries for Western Regionals are due next week for the
races at Park City on Feb. 4-7.  Entries may be submitted by mail or
email this year - see the web site for more information.  Entry form
and instructions are available using the "Western Regionals" button on
the Race Entries page of our web site or visit the regionals page at
http://ussamasters.org/2010/wr.

Entries for the Mar. 29-Apr. 2 national championships should be
submitted to FW president Marietta Frinell by Feb. 1.  Entry form and
instructions are available using the "National Championships" button on
our Race Entries page or visit the nationals page at
http://ussamasters.org/2010/nationals.

If you enjoy the challenge of speed events, a new option this year is a
3-event open SG series at Mammoth Mountain.  Two of the three dates are
in conjunction with our FW Masters races, on Thursday Mar. 4 preceding
our 3-day SG weekend at the beginning of March and again on Monday Apr.
19 following our season finale in mid-April.  See the web site news
post for more information and link the the information flyer.

Referenced links:

http://farwestmasters.org/#weekly_news_0118 - weekly news post for Jan.
18

http://farwestmasters.org/services/raceentries - Print Race Entries for
FW and regional/national championships

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2010/Mammoth_Speed_Series.pdf -
Mammoth speed series

Deb Lewis
Director of Race Services and Scoring; Webmaster
Far West Masters
http://farwestmasters.org