[FWM News] Sierra at Tahoe GS races rescheduled for next weekend

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Jan 21 20:43:37 PST 2010

The Far West Masters GS races scheduled for this weekend Jan. 23-24 at
Sierra at Tahoe were cancelled this morning due to weather and snow
conditions, as the fourth in a week-long series of storms rolling
through the Sierras moved in today.

The races are being rescheduled for next weekend Jan. 30-31. While we
realize this is short notice for competitors, Sierra at Tahoe would
like to go ahead with the event and the last weekend of January was the
best solution to finding an open date.

Please pass the word on - we'd like to get as many competitors on the
hill as possible!  Sierra at Tahoe did a great job putting on our races
last season and they were disappointed along with competitors to be
"weathered out".  (though the skiing should be great this weekend as
the weather clears!)

All race entries will be carried over for next weekend. If you were
entered but cannot make it on the rescheduled date, please contact
Sierra at Tahoe Competition Services by email to cancel your entry:
swarman.st at boothcreek.com. If you were not previously entered but would
like to compete, by all means send your entry in!  On short notice, it
would also be a good idea to contact Sierra at Tahoe to confirm entry.

There will also be training available on Friday Jan. 29 - contact
Competition Services for details.

Deb Lewis
Director of Race Services and Scoring; Webmaster
Far West Masters
mailto:djlewis at acm.org
http://farwestmasters.org