[FWM News] Race registration is open - enter online!!

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Nov 16 21:07:52 PST 2010

Race registration is open for the 2010-2011 season. And... we're online
at last!!

We've been trying for a number of years to put together a solution for
online race registration and now for 2011 we're finally there. Far West
Masters, along with other masters division programs around the country,
are collaborating to bring the benefits of a system originally
developed by the Rocky Mountain Masters to all our division programs.
We're pretty excited about this and believe it will be a benefit to
both competitors and organizers, making it easier, faster, and more
reliable to submit race entries.

The registration site is http://SkiRaceReg.com. When you go through the
signup process to open an account, enter your name and the email you
provided with your Far West Masters membership and the system will
attempt to locate your current membership information to simplify your
account setup. We'll also have the registration system send out a
message to all registered member email accounts to help you get started
- the message will provide you with a link to click on that will
expedite your account activation.

Online registration is fast, simple, and safe - just click on the races
you want to enter; you can cancel without penalty anytime up through
the close of race registration (generally two days before the first
race of the event to allow the race organizer adequate time to prepare
event registration and start lists). There are no up-front fees and no
charges until the event is actually held. The registration site uses
secure communications to protect your information; your payment
information is stored on a secure server managed by the payment
processor, who must meet the highest standards for protecting payment
information and internet transactions.

So check it out and please give it a try - we think this will make race
entries easier and more reliable for both competitors and organizers.

The Race Entries page on farwestmasters.org will still allow you to
print and mail an event entry card (write a separate check for each
race that you enter!) if you choose not to register online through
SkiRaceReg.com, but we really think online registration will make your
life simpler.  Hey, it might even make your faster, so check it out!!

If you have any questions or problems, send a message to
raceadmin at farwestmasters.org and we'll do our best to get you sorted
out.