[FWM News] Fall Newsletter, Getting Connected

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Oct 30 12:00:42 PDT 2010

The Fall Forerunner newsletter is out! We've also got tips for
connecting to your fellow masters races through the Far West and USSA
masters groups on Facebook and sites to help you buy or sell used
equipment.

Don't forget that membership renewals are due to Marcie Pettigrew by
the end of October.  If you want to keep your current bib number, get
your renewal in!  After the October 31 deadline, late fees apply
(renewing members only) and your bib number is available to be grabbed
by any other racer!

Fall Newsletter
---------------

The Fall issue of the Forerunner newsletter is here! Print copies of
the September issue of the Forerunner were mailed to all recent Far
West Masters members in September, along with with the membership
information package and membership renewal forms. If you've joined FW
Masters anytime in the past 5 seasons, you should have received the
program information and membership application along with the
newsletter. (If you didn't receive a copy, contact membership VP Marcie
Pettigrew - if your mailing address is out of date in our membership
database, help us get your information updated!)

http://farwestmasters.org/docs/newsletter/Forerunner_2011-01_Sep_2010.pdf

Get Connected for 2011
-----------------------

Masters racing is also on Facebook! We have a Far West Masters group
and encourage everyone to join - it's a great way to keep in touch with
your fellow racers and allows everyone to share information, post tips
on racing and travel and gear, ask questions, and get help. There's
also an active USSA Masters Facebook group, along with a twitter feed,
and many other divisions also have their own Facebook groups.

Far West Masters on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73183425504
USSA Masters on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17599631702
Masters racing Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/skimasters
Find other divisions: http://ussamasters.org/contacts

MMST Gear Blog
--------------

Looking to buy or sell equipment? We've got some suggestions on the
Classifieds page of the web site - Facebook groups are a good place to
connect with fellow masters racers.

http://farwestmasters.org/services/classifieds

New this season is a classifieds service on the Mammoth Ski Team
blog... this is a classified ad (free service) created by the Mammoth
team give ski team families a chance to buy and sell equipment. Check
out their site at mmstgear.com to see what's available; instructiions
of posting your ad are provided on our Classifieds page or contact them
directly at mmstgear at gmail.com.

http://www.mmstgear.com