[FWM News] Mammoth Spring Finale

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Apr 19 14:37:57 PDT 2011

The season finals event for 2011 was held at Mammoth Mountain on Apr.
13-17. The spring party was briefly interrupted by a short dose of
lingering winter weather on Wednesday, with high winds and snowfall
forcing cancellation of the day's scheduled DH races. But sunny spring
conditions returned for Thursday's SG races and held through the
following days as we competed in a GS on Friday and the final scoring
race of the season with Saturday's SL.

Saturday evening's season banquet brought everyone together for a final
gathering to celebrate the completed season and share plans for summer
activities and next season's skiing. After a pleasant buffet dinner
catered by the Mammoth Mountain staff, race awards and the overall
season awards were presented. Special recognition was given to several
first-time racers, along with the season rookie awards to Leslie
Marcacci and Adam Gooch and most-improved awards to Mary Feddis and
Mark Eisen.

Scholarship program activities included introducing the attending
athletes, raffle prize drawings, and a silent auction which provided
attendees with some enticing items to bid on, resulting in some great
deals for buyers and funds to support junior athletes. Thanks to all
the sponsors and donors who supported the scholarship program this
season and to all who donated or participated - our junior athletes in
the Far West appreciate the assistance and the role that we masters
play in supporting the sport of ski racing.

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page along with the
final Season Standings rankings for 2011.

Season awards (age class awards, 2012 leader bibs, and special awards):

http://farwestmasters.org//reports/results/2011/FWM2011-SeasonAwards.pdf