[FWM News] Race Schedule Udpate/Changes

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Dec 24 07:42:46 PST 2011

Heavenly still has hope that they will be able to host the Viva Italia!
Slaloms on Friday, January 6.  But, should they not have enough snow, we
have tentatively scheduled a back-up date of February 24, which is the
Friday before the Mount Rose races.  We should know Heavenly's status by
Wednesday the 28th.

The races scheduled for Sierra at Tahoe on January 7 and 8 have been moved
to Mammoth Mountain.  Unfortunately, due to lack of available terrain,
Sierra at Tahoe is unable to accomodate any racing at this time.  We
searched for a substitute location in the Tahoe area, specifically
Northstar, but we weren't able to find a race hill open.  The Mammoth
Mountain Race Department graciously offered to host the races, and we gladly
accepted.  We will have a GS race on Saturday afternoon and a GS race the
following Sunday morning.

Due to the dismal snow conditions in the west, this is the only game in town
right now!  I know that there will be a strong showing of attendance from
the racers south of Tahoe.  We would love to see an equal amount of racers
from the Tahoe area and other parts of the Far West Masters come to Mammoth
and support this race.  The next scheduled event is not until January
20th-22nd.   Losing the GS races at Sierra at Tahoe and not trying to come
up with another venue was way too long for us not to race.  Remember, we are
in the business of putting on races and we are doing everything possible to
keep that promise to our members.

Once again, please come down to Mammoth and support our organization. This
should be great event!

Mark Mirviss

President

Far West Masters Skiing