[FWM News] Western Regionals, National Championships entries

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Jan 14 21:33:33 PST 2011

The Western Regional Championships, hosted this season in the Far West
division at Mammoth Mountain, are coming up soon.  This should be a
great event, so mark your calendars and get your entries in!

(and don't forget next weekend's SG races at Mammoth, which provides an
opportunity to tune up on the championship venue)

It's time to start planning for the national championships in March at
Copper Mountain CO.  The annual masters national championships features
challenging competition from around the country.  But it also is a
social event, an opportunity to make friends with masters racers around
the county, and to visit a different area.  Competitors with a diverse
range of experience and skill participate.  We encourage everyone to at
least consider nationals - those who have competed in past seasons will
be glad to share their experiences and encourage first-timers to
participate.

Western Regionals Entries
-------------------------

The 2011 Skier's Edge Western Regional Championships will be held on
Feb. 3-6 at Mammoth Mountain, CA. This is a 4-day, 4-event championship
event, opening with super-combi and SG racing on Thursday and Friday
and the GS/SL technical events on the weekend. Mammoth's experienced
race crews know how to put on a great event and as the host division
this season this is will be a highlight of our racing season.

Entries are due by Wed. Feb 26; late entries in the final week prior to
the event are subject to $15/race late fee, so get your entries in
now!! Entry forms can be printed and mailed to Mammoth with a check, or
register online at SkiRaceReg.com.

Event announcement with details and lodging info:

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2011/Race_Announcement_Masters_Western_Regionals_2011.pdf

Printable entry form:
   http://ussamasters.org/forms/evententry_wr.html

Online registration for races and banquet (under Far West Masters):
  http://skiracereg.com/

Discounted lodging packages are available at the Mammoth Mountain Inn.
Daily air service to Mammoth is now available as an option for
travelling competitors, with connections from Reno, San Francisco, San
Jose, and LA.

Nationals Entries
-----------------

Entries for the Copper Mountain national championships Mar. 22nd
through March 26th should be submitted to Far West president Mark
Mirviss by Feb. 1 - send by mail (address on Contacts page) or deliver
at the next race.

For entry form and instructions visit the nationals page on
ussamasters.org or use the Nationals Entry button on our own Race
Entries page. Please write one check to Copper Mountain for all events,
as described on the entry form. To be eligible, you must have a USSA
Masters competition license and be a current member of Far West Masters.

Because each division has a quota based on their USSA memberships, our
Far West team selection criteria is that you should have raced in four
FW Masters races in the current 2010-2011 season or six in the prior
season. We do expect additional entry slots to be available after the
initial submission from all divisions under their quota limits on Feb.
15, so by all means send an entry if you'd like to compete. If you
don't make the initial Far West team selection you'll be placed on a
waiting list that we will draw from after the first round of division
entries are completed on Feb. 15.

Entries for the national championship Downhill, which is being held at
Ski Cooper CO on March 19th and 20th (the weekend prior to the Copper
nationals), should be made through SkiRaceReg.com - select the Rocky
Mountain Masters race series to enter.

Event information:
   http://ussamasters.org/2011/nationals

Printable entry form for Copper nationals:
   http://ussamasters.org/forms/evententry_wr.html

Online registration for DH nationals at Ski Cooper (under Rocky
Masters):
  http://skiracereg.com/