[FWM News] Fall news

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Sep 11 22:19:57 PDT 2011

Labor Day has come and gone and our great West Coast late summer
weather is starting to offer hints of fall. It'll be ski season again
before too long, so it's not too soon to start planning for the coming
race season!

Membership packages and the final 2012 season schedule will be out this
month and we're starting to get information about preseason camps.

Coming up at the end of this month: a dryland training camp with US
racing star Stacey Cook in Mammoth CA to get your fitness foundation in
place for the racing season.

Membership - USSA, Far West Masters
-----------------------------------

The Far West masters membership packages and the Fall newsletter will
be out this month - copies will be mailed to all recently active
members and posted on the web site. The preliminary schedule is posted
on the Season Schedule page (the final schedule will be posted as soon
as we settle a few remaining details, but the basic event schedule is
in place).

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/current/schedule

Don't forget to head over to http://ussa.org to sign up for your
master's competition license for the coming season if you haven't
already done so. You can register online or print and mail an
application (be sure you sign up for the Masters's competitor license).
More information and links are on the "How to Join" page of
farwestmasters.org

Preseason Camps
---------------

Information about preseason training camps will be posted as
information is available. Coming up in just a few weeks is a fall
dryland training camp with Olympic and national team racer Stacey Cook.
This is a 3-day camp in Mammoth where you'll have a chance to learn
training techniques and philosophies direct from one of our most
successful American racers.

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/Stacey_Cook_DLC2_Info_Reg.pdf

For a change of scene in your early season, the California Fire/Police
Olympics organizers have put together a camp in Kaprun Austria Oct.
22-Nov. 5. The package includes transportation, lodging, and up to 12
days of skiing with coach Thomas Gardtman.

http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/CFP_Kaprun_Ski_Camp_2011.pdf

More information on training camps and preseason race events at area
shops will be posted as available, including details on Mammoth's
annual Masters Camp week Nov. 28-Dec. 1 before the opening races on
Dec. 2-4.