[FWM News] Far West Masters Officials Meeting and Quarterly Board Meeting

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Sep 29 10:54:49 PDT 2011

We will be holding our annual Far West Masters Officials Clinic and
Quarterly Board Meeting October 15th 2011 at the Home of Daniel and Maurice
Palermo in Verdi Nevada. Their address is;

12105 Silver Fox

Verdi Nevada

The official's clinic will begin at 9:00 AM and continue through 3:00 PM.
The Quarterly Board Meeting will convene immediately following the
official's clinic and will last approximately two hours. A continental
breakfast and a lunch will be provided. If anyone has any topics they would
like addressed by the board, please forward them to me via email at
mmirviss at farwestmasters.org.

For those of you who are concerned about the cost of ski racing, becoming an
official provides the opportunity to save on costs. When you officiate a
race, your lift tickets are provided by the hosting ski area. At some
venues, this equates to a savings of over $100. But the most important
reason to officiate is that it allows you to give something back to our
organization. As most of you know, we are a volunteer organization that is
exclusively dependant on our members to schedule, provide for registration,
set courses, host award parties, and officiate races. If you are not
volunteering to help out, it weakens the strength of our organization. So
please do you part in the upcoming season and become a volunteer.

Thank you,

Mark Mirviss

President

Far West Masters Ski Racing