[FWM News] Thanks For the Season

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Apr 16 09:43:50 PDT 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in
Far West Masters for supporting us this season. This season was trying in
that we lacked snow in the beginning, forcing cancellations of races, and
re-scheduling of races, and often had too much snow or wind on race
weekends. In fact, not one weekend of racing went without some sort of
schedule change. This type of season is trying on all of us, our racers, our
scheduler (Thanks Mike) our race departments that we work with, our coaches,
and our officials.

Last season we had a record breaking year in the way of amount of snowfall,
(lots of snowfall). This year we also had a record breaking season in the
way of amount of snowfall (not much of it). Hopefully next season we will
kind of get an average snow season and not have to bother with as many last
minute schedule changes.

We just concluded our year with the traditional Dual Slalom and to end the
season, the weather gods smiled upon us, granting us great firm snow, mild
temperatures and sunshine. Hopefully they will continue with that theme most
of next season.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone this is your
organization. We cannot succeed without your participation, volunteerism and
support. With that in mind, please mark your calendars with the date for our
Summer Board Meeting. It will be held July 14th, 2012 at the Braun residence
in Mammoth Lakes California. This meeting is usually our most important
meeting of the year and the one where most of our important decisions
regarding our program are made. Details for the meeting will follow in a
future email, but if you like to bike or golf, this would be a good meeting
to attend. We have started a new tradition of a fun bike ride (this goes
back 2 years now). And it has always (for 2 years) been fun and of course
semi-competitive. For those of you who don't know, the definition of a bike
race is 2 or more riders riding together.

Again, thanks for your support this season.

Markl