[FWM News] Squaw Valley Race Camps

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Apr 23 08:43:03 PDT 2012

Thanks to all who participated in the Squaw Valley Masters Race Camps held
this past weekend. I hope everyone had a good time, and improved upon their
ski racing as well. Despite warmer than average weather, which while
beautiful, caused our coaches to work extra hard throwing salt, our courses
held up very well.

We would like to, as planned, extend these camps for at least the following
weekend (April 27th, 28th and 29th) dependant conditions and interest of
course. I anticipate we will lose our Exhibition Training Arena due to warm
weather. We will probably secure lane space on the top of the mountain,
probably in the Shirley Lakes complex. In past years, this is where the
majority of spring training camps was located, and is a great training
venue. Shirley Lakes lift is a high speed six pack, and allows for us to ski
a lot of training runs in a relatively short period of time. Also, due to
Shirley's elevation and tree protection from early sun, courses should stay
firm longer than lower on the mountain.

So what we need from you is enough commitments to make this happen. We
already have a good head start and I'm very optimistic that we can make next
weekend another success. In addition, we have been told that we can allow
your kids to train with us as well, so let me know, not only if you would
like to train, but if your children would also like to train.

Please reply with your reservation requests, as well as any questions you
may have to me at;

markmirviss at att.net

Thanks Again,

Mark