[FWM News] Northstar GS Race Update

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Thu Feb 2 17:38:28 PST 2012

I'll bet everyone is tired of hearing about lack of snow, but here we go
again. Due to the lack of snow at Northstar, we are cancelling one day of
racing. We will race on Saturday, February 11th, (probably 2 races) but we
will not race on Sunday, February 12th.

I should know for sure by this Sunday whether or not we will have two GS
races on Saturday the 11th. Now for the rest of the storey, Northstar had
planned on having two separate race events on the 11th and again on the
12th. Of course they were also planning on using two separate venues. The
problem is only one of the race venues has sufficient coverage to hold a
race. So in the interest of fairness, Northstar is holding our race on
Saturday, and the club races on Sunday (the club folks have not yet had any
races). Of course anyone interested in racing in the club races would be
more than welcome I'm guessing.

I will follow up this email with a note on registrations as soon as I know
for certain how many races we will hold at Northstar.

Thanks for your patience,

Mark Mirviss

President

Far West Masters