[FWM News] Far West Masters Update

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Feb 14 07:27:05 PST 2012

The Rick Conrado Super G's this Friday, February 17th are a go, we have
enough entrants to make this happen, however we would still like a bigger
crowd of racers. Please remember the Mammoth Race Department has graciously
offered to our members a free day of training on Thursday the 16th.

Following the racing on Friday, we will have a party with appetizers
upstairs in the Main Lodge on the west end of the Lodge behind Tusk's Bar.
The party is scheduled to begin at 3:00 PM.

We still need sign-ups for the McKinney Cup which is scheduled for February
25th and 26th at Mt. Rose. If we fail to get enough registrations (50) by
Friday, this race won't happen. So please get on line and sign up. This is a
great event that is well sponsored by the Mountain. They provide a fantastic
Continental breakfast and awesome food for our awards party (on Saturday)
but we need your support to make this race a reality.

Thanks to all of you who showed up for the Northstar GS races. I apologize
for the problems we encountered. The Race Department Crew is mostly new this
season, and hopefully will use what happened as a learning experience and
improve on their performance in the future. While it is easy to cast stones,
it is very, very difficult to pull off a successful race, even under ideal
circumstances. Remember, the hill we raced on was not there normal race
hill, and as such, had no timing booth or underground hard wiring. It was
gracious for the Mountain to rope off a hill such as Ax Handle and let us
race on it. The easy call would have been for Northstar to just cancel the
race due to lack of snow. So let's hang in there and give them the benefit
of the doubt.

Thanks

Mark Mirviss

President