[FWM News] Conrado SG's; Heavenly/Mt. Rose updates

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Feb 18 20:13:15 PST 2012

Yesterday's 3xSG makeup race day at Mammoth was spectacular, a great day for fun racing and sharing
memories of our friend Rick Conrado.

Race director Buck reports from Heavenly, site of next Friday's Viva Italia SL double-header: "The
hill is in fantastic condition, we've been running a lot of events throughout the week and it
hasn't even made a dent. Plenty of snow to set, so pass the word on and we look forward to hosting
the Masters."  Heavenly always puts on a great race for us and John Gianotti's Viva Italia
post-race party is not be missed!

Rees Palermo met with the Mt. Rose organizers today and the decision is that there is not enough
coverage for the planned GS race on the Slide side on Sunday.  So we'll be racing SL both days next
weekend at Mt. Rose - venue will be Lower Lake View, registration and continental breakfast at the
Mt. Rose base lodge.  (There will be no racing this weekend on the Slide side)

Updated entry and race information for next weekend's events at Heavenly and Mt. Rose will be
posted on farwestmaster.org by tomorrow evening, as well as on the SkiRaceReg.com online
registration site.

Conrado SG's
-------------

Under a beautiful blue Sierra sky, the 2012 Rick Conrado SG's were held at Mammoth on a lovely
Friday that would have brought a huge smile to our friend Rick's face. Rescheduled from the
original date in January, we were blessed with 2+ feet of new snow at the beginning of the week and
spectacular weather on race day - clear, sunny, warm, very little wind. The planned start was moved
down to allow the hard-working Mammoth race crews to provide the best possible conditions on the
race track and while the snow was soft all three courses held up well.

It was a great day of fun SG racing and a day to enjoy being with friends on a lovely day in the
mountains.

Complete results and season standings:

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2012/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2012/standings