[FWM News] January Wrapup

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Jan 23 12:14:53 PST 2012

We're nearly to the midpoint of the 2012 race season and winter has
finally arrived! While the cancellation of our races last weekend at
Mammoth is disappointing, the multiple feet of snow that's fallen at
all the Sierra ski areas is most welcome. Everyone can finally break
out the powder boards, and those good new race skis gathering dust in
the back of your closets waiting for conditions to improve.

The February race schedule opens with the Western Region championships
at Big Sky MT on Feb. 2-5. Big Sky has great race venues and has been
reporting excellent conditions even before the storms of the past week,
so this should be a great event. Consider taking a mid-season trip to
the northern Rockies, it should be a lot of fun.

Western Regionals information:
    http://ussamasters.org/2012/wr

The Far West division schedule resumes the following weekend with 3
GS's at Northstar on Feb. 11-12. We'll have 3 runs each day, with the
middle race split across Sat/Sun.

This year's Far West division Gala fundraiser is being held in Squaw
Valley on Saturday Feb. 11, during our Northstar GS weekend. In
addition to be a fundraiser to support Far West junior athletes, this
event is a lot of fun according to past attendees. This year's event
has a Mardi Gras theme, with Cajun and Zydeco music completing dinner,
live and silent auctions.

FW Gala Information:

http://www.fwskiing.us/Performance_Drive/Far_West_Mardi_Gras_Gala.htm
FW Gala ticket order form: