[FWM News] Season Finals races and banquet

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sun Mar 25 20:01:16 PDT 2012

Online registration is now available for our final races of the 2012 season at Northstar and Sugar
Bowl on Apr. 11-12 and Apr. 13-15, respectively.  As announced yesterday by president Mark Mirviss,
the speed event schedule at Northstar has been modified to have a single day of DH training and
racing on Tuesday Apr. 11.

***Please RSVP to Linda Crowell this week, no later than by April 1, for the season banquet on
Saturday Apr. 14.

Season Finals Races
-------------------

The season finale speed events scheduled for Northstar in April are a go! Race Director Eric
Whitaker says that there is now plenty of snow on the course to hold the races and that he has the
grooming crew pushing more snow onto the track in order to give us every possible chance to have
quality Downhill and Super G Races.

We planning on eliminating the Downhill training day (originally scheduled for Tuesday) and one
Downhill race in order to preserve the track in order to have one good safe training run and one
good safe race run. Northstar is planning and ready to salt the courses if needed, but still feels
it will be best to have the races completed by 1:00 PM on both days.

The schedule for the speed events on Wed-Thu Apr. 11-12 is:
   - Wednesday Apr. 11 - mandatory Downhill training run and DH race
   - Thursday Apr. 12 - two SG races

The final tech events of the season will be held at Sugar Bowl on Fri-Sat Apr. 13-14, with the
season banquet on Saturday evening and a finale fun-race dual SL on Sunday. The GS will be held on
McTavish, a very fun GS hill, and the SL and Sunday's dual will be on DVR.

Details and event information flyers are available (as always!) on the Season Schedule page:

   http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2012/schedule

Northstar:
   http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/RaceInfo-Northstar-Apr2012.pdf

Sugar Bowl:
   http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/RaceInfo-SugarBowl-Apr2012.pdf
   http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/RaceAnnouncement-SugarBowl-Apr2012.pdf

Season Banquet

Saturday evening's season finals banquet will be held at the Tahoe Biltmore in Crystal Bay, on the
north shore of Lake Tahoe. Please RSVP to Linda Crowell by Sunday Apr. 1 so we can confirm the
banquet arrangements.

Season banquet information:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2012/FWM_2012_Awards_Banquet.pdf