[FWM News] Update - Season Finale Speed Events

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Sat Mar 24 15:27:09 PDT 2012

The season finale speed events scheduled for Northstar in April are a go.
Race Director Eric Whitaker has assured me that as of now, there is plenty
of snow on the course to hold the races, and that he has the grooming crew
pushing more snow onto the track in order to give us every possible chance
to have quality Downhill and Super G Races.

We planning on eliminating the Downhill training day, (previously scheduled
for Tuesday) and one Downhill race in order to preserve the track in order
to have one good safe training run, and one good safe race run. Northstar is
planning and ready to salt the courses if needed, but still feels it will be
best to have the races completed by 1:00 PM on both days.

We are amending the schedule for the speed races as follows;

Wednesday April 11th will be the Mandatory Downhill training run and the
race run.

Thursday April 12th will be two Super G races.

We are of course still subject to our old friend (or as it turns out this
year, enemy) the weather. Our goal is to put on high quality safe races, and
that is what we intend to do. If further adjustments need to be made, I will
make every attempt to keep everyone informed via our website and these email
blasts in a timely manner.

Mark Mirviss

President

Far West Masters