[FWM News] Season Opening

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Nov 21 12:37:57 PST 2012

Thanksgiving is upon us and the season-opening races at Mammoth are less than two weeks away! After
several nice early-season winter storms, the Sierra ski areas are coming into the holidays with
good conditions - welcomed by all after last year's dry conditions! Mammoth opened as scheduled on
Nov. 8 and is opening more terrain by the day, while all the areas around the Tahoe basin are
either already open (Squaw, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar) or opening this weekend (Mt. Rose,
Sierra at Tahoe).

Mammoth will be holding the masters training camp next week, Mon-Fri Nov. 26-30, featuring GS and
SL training, 4 hours per day. The training is geared towards serious racers and features drills,
progressions and gate training along with video and timed runs. Come for the full week or by the
day. See the info flyer for details and daily schedule; contact the Mammoth Race Department for any
questions and to let them know when you'll be attending.

Mammoth camp details:
http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2013/MammothMastersCamp.pdf

Please get your entries in for the opening race weekend at Mammoth. We have two SL races on
Saturday Dec 1 and GS on Sunday; party at Giovanni's on Saturday afternoon!

Season schedule page and entry links:
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2013/schedule

Use SkiRaceReg.com to enter online - it's the easiest and most reliable way to submit entries. With
our generous cancellation policy, there's no penalty for early signup - you can cancel anytime up
to the day before the race. If this is your first visit to SkiRaceReg.com this season, don't be
confused by the somewhat confusing welcome pages about renewing your membership - your
SkiRaceReg.com account is only used for race signups (not for your Far West Masters membership or
USSA masters license). You'll need to provide a credit card to activate your account for the
season, but there are no fees charged until we process entries at the time of the race(s) that you
have entered.