[FWM News] Far West Scholarship Fund Auction Items

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Mon Apr 1 11:23:58 PDT 2013

> The Far West Masters Scholarship Program
> The Far West Masters Scholarship Program is now in our 21th year of raising funds to benefit Far West Junior ski racers. Over that time period we have awarded almost $750,000 in scholarship funds.  We are an incorporated 501(c)(3) public charity tax exempt organization.
> Our goal is to promote academic scholarship, citizenship and leadership within the ski racing community. It is also our goal to keep athletes involved in ski racing that might not otherwise have a chance without our financial support. We believe keeping athletes involved in ski racing keeps them focused, teaches discipline and helps them to be successful in the rest of their life endeavors.
>

> Silent Auction
> 	The Far West Masters annual banquet and silent auction is April 6th at Squaw Valley O Bar (old Salsa Bar next to Bar One) at 5:00pm. We have a wide assortment of auction items available for bid to help raise money for our scholarship program. If you are interested in bidding on any of the items but will not be at the auction, you may place bids by contacting Eddie Mozen with your minimum and maximum bids as well as any other instructions and Eddie will place bids for you. Most of these items you will be purchasing anyway, so why not buy them at auction and help support the Far West Masters scholarship program. We will have many more items for bid at the actual auction.
>
> Eddie’s contact information is; mozen at concentric.net or cell (916) 813-2776    home 530-581-4523.
>

> Rules of the Auction:
> Eddie will start taking bids now, and the bidding will close on April 6th  at the banquet. Live bidding will take place at the banquet.  Absent bids will be made by notifying Eddie Mozen by e-mail mozen at concentric.net (1st choice), home phone 530-581-4523 (2nd choice) or cell phone 916-813-2776 (third choice). He will then place bids for you at the auction. I suggest you get your bids in prior to the 6th  !  All funds go directly to the scholarship fund, remember…we have no overhead.

Items for Bid

Mammoth Masters Training Pass minimum bid $1999
Mammoth season lift pass, minimum bid $550
Footloose in Mammoth has donated your choice of ski boots along with footbeds and fitting minimum bid $700

Squaw Valley Masters Season Training Pass   value $1999     minimum bid $1750
Squaw Valley season lift pass Silver value $499  minimum bid $450

Outside Yardwork Package-Three hours of manual labor provided by Far West Masters Scholarship recipients, minimum 5 workers.  To be done in the North Shore area of Tahoe, Olympic Valley, or Truckee. To be done May 1st-June 31th. Day of work to be arranged by winning bidder.  Crew to provide basic tools and dumpster. This has been a very successful prize in the past. Last year more than 20 workers showed up for yard work, landscaping (MOVING ROCKS!), cleanup and they got all the work done in an hour. If you buy this package have plenty of work activities to be done! Minimum bid $300.

Stacey Cook has graciously donated the following items that were sized for and used by her..all in excellent/almost new condition!
1)Jacket-Dark Blue/light blue US Ski Team insulated, fur hood size XL womens  minimum bid $400
2) 2 piece SL suit light blue...this is a really cool item that is generally unobtainable! minimum bid $500
3)Blue/White downhill suit signed by Stacey, used at Meribel and Garmish 2013  minimum bid  $600
4)Three Uvex  Race Helmets(used on World Cup) 2012 1)signed, black, size x-small Mammoth logo on front 2)Blue/white size small 3)Green with “cookie” on it size small minimum bid $150 each
5) Reusch Mitten size 8 minimum bid $60
Komperdell green shin guards minimum bid $50
Spyder training shorts, stretchy, black, size large minimum bid $75
Under Armour bib pants  mens size small $50

PIGS (Punks In Gates) -Pink Hoody Sweatshirt, only one to be auctioned...otherwise unobtainable, value is priceless... kids sizes or adult medium or small (no adult large or XL)  minimum bid????

Start Haus-$200 in store credit gift cards minimum bid $150
Greg Hawthorne signed print of ski racer, only 100 in existence, minimum bid $100

Phenix Jacket Men’s XL/54 black puffy medium weight style ES2720T41. Thanks Ron Tanzman minimum bid $100
Phenix Norwegian Team GS suit (padded) Mens L/52 Black with yellow/green and blue stripes.style EF172GS00 Thanks Ron Tanzman min bid $250
Phenix medium weight hooded jacket, black with magenta/rainbow trim (high quality/very nice) size L/52 style ES2720T35   Thanks Ron Tanzman min bid $250
Phenix Jacket medium weight, classic styled, black with magenta trim hooded (very, very nice) L/52 style ES2720T37 thanks Ron Tanzman minimum bid $250

 Mountain Hardwear Items donated by Nancy Eisen
1) Womans  Jacket, waterproof/breathable $125
2)Men’s Jacket,fleece $100
3)Mens jacket softshell $125
4) mens jacket waterproof, breathable $125

Wintersteiger heavy duty ski vise, minimum bid $75
Wildflour Baking company in Squaw: 1/2 baked cookie pass ($100 value) minimum bid $80
Mama Sake in Squaw Valley  $50 gift card   minimum bid $40
Fireside Pizza in Squaw Valley $50 gift card  minimum bid $40
3 liter bottle (a big one!) of Bogle wine, Phantom v.2008 blend of zinfandel, petit syrah and mourverde  minimum bid $80
Uvex Helmet size xs/-small  soft ears, SL or freeski use, grey  minimum bid $40
Uvex Helmet size L/XL (59-60cm) light, free ski design    minimum bid $40

Mark Mirviss
markmirviss at att.net