[FWM News] Cancellation of Super G

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Tue Apr 2 14:32:30 PDT 2013

Due to lack of people signing up for the Super G, we had to cancel the race. The event organizer, Squaw Valley, needed a minimum of 50 people to make it worthwhile for them to hold the race. As we had under 30 people sign up for the race as of 12:00 PM Tuesday, I have decided to cancelel the race now, as to allow our racers to alter their travel plans accordingly. Our final cutoff date for registration was this evening, however we only had two new entrants in the last two days.

Our banquet location has been changed to the Palisades Room. This is a much better site than we originally had planned for. The Palisades Room is in the main registration area of the Squaw Valley Village, at the extreme east end of the Village Buildings. It is adjacent to parking for everyone's ease.

Sorry to have to cancel the Super G for all of those who had signed up, and for those that did not, please support our variety of races by signing up in the future when possible.

Thanks

Mark Mirviss
markmirviss at att.net