[FWM News] Alpine races and holiday break

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Fri Dec 27 21:24:22 PST 2013

Happy holiday to all as we take a holiday break from our race schedule.  We had a very good weekend
of SL racing at Alpine - brief story and pictures below thanks to newsletter editor Hamish Butler.

Our next schedule events are in two weeks on Jan. 10-12, with SL racing Friday at Heavenly and GS
races scheduled on the weekend at Sierra at Tahoe.  We'll have news and details on our next events
published next week to give everyone plenty of time to plan training and travel.

Alpine SL Races
---------------

After the season opener in Mammoth we returned to Northern California with races at Alpine Meadows
the weekend prior to a holiday break in our season race calendar. We were greeted with beautiful,
warm sunny weather for both days of racing and the Alpine Meadows/Squaw Valley race department did
a great job to make the best of the early season conditions, putting on 3 good SL races for us over
two days.

Over 60 Masters races participated in each of the two races on Saturday, with nearly all returning
to wrap up the weekend in the final race on Sunday. Mike Shklovski took top spot in the first race,
with Ara Papazian taking the honors in races two and three. On the ladies side, Leslie Marcacci led
the field in all three races

Complete results are posted on the Race Results page on the web site along with the updated Season
Standings rankings for 2014.

http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2014/results
http://farwestmasters.org/raceinfo/2014/standings

Hamish Butler has shared race photos from the weekend, take a few minutes to follow the links below
and check his galleries!

Saturday race photos:
   https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tk0ff947zhrn0ea/WlLuCHEmxi
Sunday race photos: