[FWM News] Heavenly/Sierra at Tahoe races, Bring-a-Friend

Far West Masters news news at lists.farwestmasters.org
Wed Jan 2 19:42:35 PST 2013

Happy New Year! The holiday period blessed Sierra ski areas and their skiers with bountiful snow
and great skiing conditions. The Christmas storms have been followed by unusually cold weather,
producing an unusual combination of light fluffy snow with classic west coast sunshine - awesome!

Our next races are a 3-day "south shore" weekend on Jan 11-13. The weekend opens with a pair of SL
races at Heavenly on Friday Jan. 11 for the classic Viva Italia races, hosted by perennial Far West
champion and master party MC John Giannotti. The Heavenly crew is always welcoming and puts on a
great event on the World Cup race hill, and the Viva Italia party at the end of the day is not to
be missed!

We move over to Sierra at Tahoe for two days of GS racing on Sat-Sun Jan. 12-13. A relatively new
race venue for the the Far West Masters, Sierra at Tahoe has rapidly become a popular site. This is
a friendly GS hill and should be a fun race.

Heavenly Viva Italia SL/SL event information:
    http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2013/RaceInfo-Heavenly-Jan2013.pdf
Sierra at Tahoe GS/GS event information and race announcement:
    http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2013/RaceInfo-SierraTahoe-Jan2013.pdf
    http://farwestmasters.org/announcements/2013/RaceAnnouncement-Sierra-at-Tahoe-Jan2013.pdf

Bring a Friend!!
----------------
Don't forget our new "Bring a Friend" program announced in the Fall Forerunner newsletter. Help
spread the word about masters racing and share your enjoyment of the sport by bringing a friend to
a race this season! We need everyone's help to build our organization by bringing in new racers, so
the board has put together an incentive program to encourage all of us to help increase
participation.

If you bring a new racer to any of our races, you will receive a rebate on your entry fee for each
race the new person enters that weekend. To qualify for your free race(s), you just need to contact
Far West president Mark Mirviss at least 24 hours prior to the morning of the race. Send Mark an
email at bringafriend at farwestmasters.org and let him know who you'll be bringing to the event.
(Please, no phone calls!!! Mark says only email notification will qualify!)

This program is designed to attract more racers to our events and our organization. Please note
that "new" is defined as someone who has not raced with us for at least three seasons, so you can
qualify by bringing back a lapsed racer or a friend who's never tried masters racing. This is a
grassroots effort to build our program and you will be rewarded for participating.